The TRIC Awards 2022
Welcome back to the Creative Awards London blog where we bring you the latest insights from our design studio and our newest bespoke awards for the biggest events and ceremonies. In today’s blog we dive into the world of television and radio as we celebrate the TRIC Awards 2022.
Founded in 1931, the Television and Radio Industries Club (widely known as TRIC) is the leading British institution that seeks to "promote goodwill in the television and radio industries". With a diverse range of members from backgrounds including radio, television and broadcasting the organisation represents the very best in broadcasting talent.
This year’s TRIC Awards took place in London’s Grosvenor Hotel where the prestigious ceremony was hosted by the newly appointed TRIC president, Alex Jones, who has co-hosted The One Show for over 11 years.
The star-studded event consisted of 18 different categories that represented both traditional broadcasting as well as newer mediums including podcasting and New Drama.
The Creative Awards London Touch
For more than 20 years Creative Awards London have been the go-to award supplier for the esteemed event. The entirely bespoke design was created by our team and has since had the privilege to reside on mantlepieces of the biggest names in British broadcasting. The iconic design is cut from highly polished nickel-plated aluminium with an empty space created for the famous TRIC lettering and mounted onto a thick, black acrylic base. Finished in gold or silver, the special award is one of our most recognisable designs.
And the winner is…
A host of household names picked up the coveted awards and the full list of winners is:
- Radio Programme Sponsored by GB News – Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp
- Factual Sponsored by ST – Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs
- Podcast of the Year Sponsored by Gekko – S******. Married. Annoyed. Chris Rosie Ramsey
- New Drama Sponsored Toshiba TV – It’s A Sin
- Multi-Channel News Sponsored by Simplestream – Good Morning Britain
- Soap Actor Sponsored by Creda Home Appliances – Rosie Marcel – Holby City
- News Presenter Sponsored by ScreenHits TV – Eamonn Holmes
- Game Show Sponsored Freeview Play – The Chase
- TV Personality Sponsored by Sky – Ant and Dec
- Radio Personality Sponsored by Euronics – Roman Kemp
- Entertainment Sponsored by Sony – Gogglebox
- Food Sponsored by Smeg – Gordon Gino and Fred: Go Greek. Mamma Mia!
- OK! Daytime Sponsored by Este – This Morning
- Sport Sponsored by TalkTV – Wimbledon
- Reality Sponsored by Humax – Strictly Come Dancing
- Drama Sponsored by Este – Line of Duty
- Soap of the Year Sponsored by Assurant – Emmerdale
- TRIC Special Award Sponsored by Domestic General – Clive Myrie
On behalf of all at Creative Awards London we would like to wish a huge thank you to the organisers and a big congratulations to the winners. For more information on our bespoke awards and to request a complimentary quotation and design, contact our studio via email@example.com or call 020 8159 2747.